About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

Quotes of The Week

Embedded image permalink

John Owen said  “Be Killing Sin or It will be Killing You,

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
––John Newton

 

iS THIS PHOTO OFFENSIVE, OR IS IT JUST ONE WOMAN’S WAY OF EXPRESSING HER FREEDOM?

You missed meaning of this...it is absolutely TRUE you cannot be married to Christ if you don't first turn from sin

"The best way to prove that a stick is crooked is to set a straight one beside it. No words need to be spoken." AW Tozer

Only Jesus can satisfy your soul and give you contentment. NO human being can do that!

"In a nutshell, abiding in Christ means allowing His Word to fill our minds, direct our wills,& transform our affections."-Sinclair Ferguson