Monday, May 11, 2015

Quotes from Pastor/Teacher Charles e Whisnant

 

Preaching/Teaching God's Word is rather easy when you have a group of people who hunger to hear and apply the Word. When a preacher knows he is speaking to thirsty people, he is willing that much more to give them the Water of Life with passion and joy.

When God's People have a hunger and thirst to hear God's Word, with a hunger for righteousness of Jesus Christ, give good evidences that they are heirs of the Kingdom Of God.

Our Wednesday Night services are attended by the same number that attend on Sunday at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and again at 6 p.m. Now I know we have a very small group, but do you know another church that that happens? Some many do not have but one service. I love to preach/teach and we have those who like to hear it as well.,

From the time I felt that the Lord had called me to preach (which I questioned a lot), I made plans to go to seminary. What I should have done was to go to college first, but didn't. I should have grown up a little more. But I believe every man today should make plans to do both. 

The joy of a pastor's heart is to see God's people come to listen to God's Word in God's church, to worship with God's people. And that is what happen today and tonight at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church, MInford OH.

  I want to preach the truth of God and only one way for me to do that is to be diligent on the explaining of the Scripture as truthful as I can and if that calls for study of the original language and other helps and if that is called teaching than I will stick with it Of course that is what I do. And if that is a definition of a Baptist who is Independent Fundamental Preacher than I am one. Well I got that off my mind, now back to mowing the lawn, or something.

 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...