Thursday, August 22, 2013

Scofield Edition Bible, Roanoke Baptist Temple, and Current Connection

I pulled out my old bible I used back in the day this morning (1962)
 
I taught the book of Psalms in the youth class for a while from this Bible and I used Charles Spurgeon's Treasure of David

Charles e Whisnant, Youth Pastor at Roanoke Baptist Temple back in 1964-1966 for 27 months in Roanoke Virginia.  Here I was at our Youth Camp in North Caroline, which I can not remember where, but I do know we had a wonderful time in those days.  

I used my Scofield Bible that I had in 1962 when I lived on 505 21st Street  N.W. in Roanoke, VA and the phone number was DI 32131. And we lived near Sandra Richardson whom I dated all though High School live next to us, , and close to Al Myers and Barbara Eakins now married.
W
Al and Barbara Myers 2013
(I would love to have a photo of them. Well I might have
We were on a Youth trip back in 1965 I believe. The photo to the left at the top is Donald and the photo to the right is Al. And Barbara is in the group.
The photo to in the bottom left is Barbara Jean Campbell
and the others which is hard to tell is a group from our youth

I mention Barbara Jean Campbell because of our recent friend 2013 of Dwight Haynes family and Dwight is related to Barbara Jean and  that we had them in  our church in July. 
 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...