Thursday, March 14, 2013

Getting Thrown Under The Bus Part One

I am so glad I can laugh or smile after all the years of getting thrown under the bus.  First time with I was 19 years old, first year in Seminary, when I went back home and worked with Southall Baptist Church in Danville, Va. the pastor throw me out of the church.  W.C. Bradley that is. His son asked me to sign a paper that his dad treated me right. Are you kidding me. My Mom warned me that would happen, but I didn't believe her. But it happen. I was hired as a Youth Pastor back in 1967 at the church, but W.C. said not to tell anyone. Strange.  I begin to teach a Sunday Night Teen class at had 3 to start with, but after four weeks we had over 40 teens.  I worked at the church office every day too.  I loved every day and every Sunday.  But W.C. was so jealous of other preacher.  W.C. was one of my Dad's good friends when Dad was living.  My Mom worked for W.C. too. But he could not stand other preacher very well.  The church had over 500 each week, down from over 900 before I came.

What go me in trouble was when I ask if I could preach for Dr. Barber at the Baptist Tabernacle. He said if you do you are fired. And not only that I was successful in the Youth, that was what my Mom said.

W.C.  had me painting his rental houses for a while, Mom said that would happen too.  I was not smart enough at the time to figure out preachers.  My Dad love preachers and I believe that was the attitude of all preacher. Boy was I wrong.



Yes I was painting a house.

 W.C.  had me painting his rental houses for a while, Mom said that would happen too.  I was not smart enough at the time to figure out preachers.  My Dad love preachers and I believe that was the attitude of all preacher. Boy was I wrong.
 W.C. said you are fired, get out of town.  I almost cried.  There went $80.00 per week. Good money in 1967. 
f


So in August of 1967 I returned to Bible Baptist Seminary, in Arlington TX.  I wondered if I should have gone back but by the grace of God I went back.  

I FOUND OUT IF YOU KISS THE FEET OF PREACHERS OR PROFESSORS
YOU COULD BE WELL LIKED.

I do love Google Images

If I had only had..........

No! I have really had some wonderful experiences.
Last Sunday I did preach from Romans. Paul's journey was not so good either.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...