GENESIS TO REVELATION IN ONE LESSON:Part one
- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.In 6 days God made everything. On the 7th day he rested. (Wednesday Night Bible Lessons)
- God created Adam out of the dust of the ground and placed him in the Garden.
- Then he fashioned Eve from a rib taken from Adam’s side. He presented Eve to Adam who was very pleased indeed. The two became one flesh.
- The serpent appears to Eve and deceives her.
- She eats the fruit, gives it to Adam, and he eats.
- It was an act of utter, willful defiance.
- Because Adam was not deceived, God holds him accountable.
- This was the critical moment, the great turning point.
- Nothing will ever be the same.
- Suddenly they are ashamed, they try to cover their nakedness. Innocence is gone forever.
- When confronted by God, Adam makes excuses.
- “Who told you that you were naked?”
- "The woman you gave me." First he blames Eve, then he blames God. Eve blames the serpent.
- Judgment comes quickly.
- They are cast out of the Garden.
- God clothed them with garments of skin, a sign of his grace. Sign of Redemption. Now they are on their own.
- The world becomes a very unfriendly place.
- Cain kills Abel.
Death is everywhere. That’s Genesis 4-5
In Genesis 6 God intervenes.
God calls Noah who builds an Ark.
When the flood comes covering the whole earth, only 8 people are saved.
Thus do we learn of judgment and grace.
After the flood, the three sons of Noah spread out and begin to multiply. Generations come and go.
People scatter across the face of the earth.
- Something hugely important happens in Genesis 12.
- God calls Abraham.
- He’s a prosperous, middle-aged, pagan businessman in Ur of the Chaldees. God calls, he responds and becomes the outstanding example of faith in the Bible. Romans 4.
Genesis 12-Malachi God creates the Hebrew race.
Isaac has a son–Jacob.
Jacob has many sons, the most important being Joseph. Joseph ends up serving Pharaoh in Egypt.
His family follows him there. They number 70 people.
God blesses them until the day comes when a Pharaoh arose who did not know Joseph.
He leads the Jews out of Egypt and into the desert.