Friday, July 02, 2010

THE PURPOSE OF THE PASTOR AND TEACHER



As you know I have followed John MacArthur, Jr now for most of my ministry. I first listen to a tape of John's in 1973 when I was the pastor of Madison Baptist Church, in Minford, Ohio.

Then I began to receive his sermon tapes in 1983 and started studying under him. I have made this no secret that John has been my guide in my preaching.

And I have also tried to have the kind of church that Grace Community Church has had. Of course that does not mean in size, but in principle. Since I have been at the church on two occasion at the Shepherd's Conferences, and several mini conferences in other places.

The phrase I have often uses. "DOING GOD'S WORK IN GOD'S WAY," comes from the study of John's work.

Another principle that I have often uses, and is in this clip video. '

"The most important part of the ministry of the Pastor/Teacher of a church is this: The teaching of the Word of God to the people of the church."

This is what I have tried to do over the years, teach the word of God verse by verse.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...