About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

THE PURPOSE OF THE PASTOR AND TEACHER

video

As you know I have followed John MacArthur, Jr now for most of my ministry. I first listen to a tape of John's in 1973 when I was the pastor of Madison Baptist Church, in Minford, Ohio.

Then I began to receive his sermon tapes in 1983 and started studying under him. I have made this no secret that John has been my guide in my preaching.

And I have also tried to have the kind of church that Grace Community Church has had. Of course that does not mean in size, but in principle. Since I have been at the church on two occasion at the Shepherd's Conferences, and several mini conferences in other places.

The phrase I have often uses. "DOING GOD'S WORK IN GOD'S WAY," comes from the study of John's work.

Another principle that I have often uses, and is in this clip video. '

"The most important part of the ministry of the Pastor/Teacher of a church is this: The teaching of the Word of God to the people of the church."

This is what I have tried to do over the years, teach the word of God verse by verse.