Friday, November 06, 2009

THE RIGHT MOTIVE OF PAUL IN SERVING GOD


Paul's Motive For Serving Christ in Ministry, and Paul's desire for the saints in Rome
Romans 1:9 For God, Whom I serve (1SPAI) in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention (1SPMI) of you,
Romans 1:10 always in my prayers making request (PPPMSN), if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed (1SFPI) in coming (AAN) to you.
Romans 1:11 For I long (1SPAI) to see (AAN) you so that I may impart (1SAAS) some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established (APN)

What has been my motive of ministry as pastor/teacher?

When I was the pastor/teacher of First Baptist Church (1980-1996) and my study was in Romans and I arrived in 1:8 I was studying that verse and listen to John MacArthur on the text and learning what is the goal of ministry.

"What is the greatest thing I could do for you as a pastor/teacher? Hold you hand? Pat you on the back? Nice things to do of course. To like you? To visit you? Those things are good. But has Paul is saying in Romans 1:8-9 and Romans 1:10-11 I really would like to give you something spiritual not physical. I want to make the neccessary sacrifice to feed you the living Word of God, becauses that is spiritual. Something deep, not cheap and superficial.
This is why I spend much of my time, in the Word, to study and learn the Word of God so that I can impart to our members "Thus said the Lord."

I believe the greatest thing that I as a pastor/teacher could give you is to impart into you the Word of God in a way that would establish your faith.
When you are listening to our preaching/teaching, listen to the content, the power is not in my voice, or mannerism, but in the Word of God.

Think about it this way. Normally, in what we call “worship,” we spend significant time—perhaps the whole time—addressing God, singing to him, praising him, extolling him, praying to him. Wonderful! But in preaching we are no longer addressing God; he is addressing us.

Nothing is more important than this moment. And this is why the most important worship leader in your church is your pastor. That really gets to the heart of preaching.

The Bible is not simply a book that we talk about. When God’s Word is faithfully preached, God is addressing us. God is speaking. We hear not merely a man’s voice.

We hear the voice of God. And when God addresses us, what is the appropriate response? We respond with glad and reverent hearts, with voices that proclaim his praise, and with lives that increasingly reflect his character.

God addresses us with a saving Word. We respond to him with faith, praise, and obedience. That is the rhythm of worship.

SO IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT MY MISSION AND MOTIVE AS PASTOR/TEACHER OF RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH, THERE YOU HAVE IT.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...