I am sure the Devil is not at all disappointed that Miss Carrie is a "Chrisitan", and that she is against gay marriage. If a Christian can pose for girlie magazines, and dress as she does, that is okay christianity to the devil.
"I felt as though Satan was trying to tempt me in asking me this question," said Carrie, who spoke out against gay marriage. "And then God was in my head and in my heart, saying, 'Do not compromise this. You need to stand up for me.' And I knew . . . that it wasn't about winning. It was about being true to my convictions."
- Satan is not fearful of external conformity to rule. Not even to the external conformity of the rule of Christ--provided there is no cross.
- Satan does not mind family values--as long as what you ultimately value is the family.
Russell Moore's excellent talk, "The Devil Votes Christian Values: Why We’re Tempted to be Glorified Satanists Rather than Crucified Followers.
- Satan does not mind social justice--as long as you see justice as most importantly social.
- Satan does not tremble at a Christian worldview. He will let you have a Christian worldview as long as your ultimate goal is viewing the world.
- Pastor: Satan doesn't mind if you preach on the decrees of God with fervor and passion every single week--provided that you do not ever preach the gospel of the cross.
- Homeschooling Mom: Satan does not mind if you teach your children all the books of the Bible and all the Ten Commandments and all of the catechism--provided you do not teach them the gospel of a bloody cross.. . .