This message is the second lesson on this subject, and the first part of the second lesson. (I am in the process making available the first lesson)
TWO VIEWS OF GOD’S WORK IN SALVATION AND MAN’S RESPONSIBILITY
CAUTION: HEAR BOTH VIEWS TO MAKE THE CONNECTION.
The fact remains that God in the gospel really does offer and promise justification and life to “whosoever will.” Romans 10:13. As God commands all men everywhere to repent, so God invites all men everywhere to come to Christ and find mercy.
Definition of Evangelism:
- Is a task appointed to all God’s people everywhere. It is the task of communicating the message from the God to bring about salvation to mankind.
- The message begins with information and ends with an invitation. (I am not talking about a church invitation at th end of the service)
- The information concerns the work of God of making His Son a just right Saviour for sinners.
- The invitation is God’s summons to mankind generally to come to the Saviour and find life.
God commands all men everywhere to repent, and promises forgiveness and salvation to all who do. (Acts 17:30)
- The Christian is sent into the world as Christ’s speak and Christ’s ambassador, to sent forth this message as far and wide as he can. It’s a duty, it’s a command, it’s a privilege to tell people about Christ.
HOW IF THE ABOVE IS TRUE, AND IT IS, HOW IS ALL THIS AFFECTED BY OUR BELIEF IN THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD?