Sunday, May 06, 2007

GROW BY LEARNING'S 215TH POST SINCE AUGUST 2007
Good morning, this is the Lord's day in Ohio. It's the Lord's day in Kansas.
  • My sister Ellen called us last night to tell us about the tragedy in Greensburg, Kansas. Bryan Williams' family live in Greensburg, it's Bryan's home town. He and his wife April and three lovely children live now in Plano, Texas. Bryan is married to Ellen's daughter, and Bryan supplies me with Lexmarks' latest die-cast and chasis cars.(1/64)
  • Brian said his father and mother, and sister's family all are okay, in this town that was struck by a huge tornado. 95 percent of the city was destroyed.
On another note this week:
  • Charity's (my wife of 37 years) first cousin Mike Gullett's son was killed in Baghdad last week. Zach was 20 years old.
  • Also Charity's mom is going through cancer treatment.
  • My daughter Becky, who is now living in Hutchinson, Kansas, is doing well in her second job. She is doing well also in her first job, too. She visited us last week here in Portsmouth, Ohio.
  • Our three boys are doing good in Lexington, Kentucky.
  • Charity's day at the bakery "Union Mills" was real busy on Saturday. She and her sister Debbie, and their good cake decorators Tammy and Sondi had a long day at work with making wedding cakes.
  • This has been a long week for Charity and I, as we have been under the weather. Charity had a cold most of the week, and to top off the week she was coming down the steps at home, and missed the last two steps at three o'clock in the morning. I was downstairs myself, and I was also down with a cold. In our older years I think we might need to live downstairs. We are a few years away from those older years.
  • I don't generally post our personal life in general on this post. But this post is my personal journal come to think about it. I generally post my journey in ministry.
  • And my journey in church ministry has not lately been going so well. But my personal ministry is doing well.
  • If I could discover a church that was fundamental in the faith, has a passion for the preaching/teaching of the Word of God, that is more concerned about the preaching of the Word rather than preaching from the KJV, had a passion for growth and discipling people, and was not intimidated by an older former pastor/teacher, and could use a teacher that would be also nice.
  • We will rejoice in the Lord. He is Lord, He is Savior, He is My King, Lord of Lords.
Drafted by Charles Whisnant and proof read by Charity
  • (Note from Charity: "No, DeWayne, I'm not Charles' 'ghost writer', but as Uncle Chuck noted, you can tell when I proof the text! ")

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...