Friday, May 25, 2007

FIVE FOUNDATIONAL TRUTHS - FIVE NON-NEGOTIABLES
IN CHURCH MINISTRY
*
In the Pulpit Magazine today, John MacArthur gives us five foundational truths that a church should be committed to. In 1983 my first Shepherd's Conference, I learned of these five negotiables for the first time. I came back to the church I was pastoring at the time and talked to our men about these foundational truths. From that year on we begin to work from these principles in doing ministry.
*
As a matter of fact, the ministry of our church was formed by the principles that we learned from the Shepherd's Conference. I can testify that these principles work. In applying these principles they will bring about an authentic church. I can say after twenty five years later, the believers in that church are authentic Christians.
*
THE FIVE NON - NEGOTIABLES: FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLES
*

1. A HIGH VIEW OF GOD

2 THE ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY OF SCRIPTURE

3 SOUND DOCTRINE

4 PERSONAL HOLINESS

5 SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...