Monday, January 08, 2007

ALL BLOGGERS HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS WHY THEY BLOG.
part four

Most of the 120 blogs that I have written have been written before. I have just updated and added more content and some new illustrations.

Some examples of some of the threads I have written.: What I think about Church Altar calls, thoughout my ministry.I have written about my call to the ministry. I have dealt with the process I have taken in preaching style. I have examined fundamentalism. I have talked to preachers within fundamentalism. I have addressed the process I have taken in preaching theologically and expositionally.. I have addressed how I study for a message. I have tackled the obsession of numbers within the fundamental churches.

I have acknowledged the churches in which I have been on the staff, I have addressed the churches in which I have pastored with open honesty. I undertake why churches call pastors and why pastors choose to go to a church as a pastor. I address "How do you know you have been called by the Lord to preach and be in ministry?" "Why should I be motivated to study and learn and share?"

I dealt with "When is there a legitimate reason to dismiss a staff member." Since I have been dismissed several times. Then "How should you respond when you get the news you have been released from your job on the church staff."

I addressed the issue of humility. How do you know if you have this Christian grace?

Then I examined the issue of the Will of God. What principles should we use to determine God’s will? In our lives and in ministry? Does God foreordain everything? I have had several experiences in this area.

How are we to view the past in the light of the present? I have struggled with trying to live in the present as a result of my past experiences.

I even addressed the issue of "Should Christians go to the movies?"

I spent some time on the topic; "What is the Gospel." I addressed Lordship Salvation and John Piper and Ted Haggard and Rap Music. Why? because this was a topic on the weblog, and I jumped on the wagon. And because I have struggled with these topics for years.

I spent some time on "What is the Requirement for Salvation" I chronologized my viewpoints on how I would present the Gospel when I preached. How Do I know if You have truly been born again? And how one knows if he is preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What does that mean?

Then I was reading about the Covenant Churches and their view point on Sunday School Classes. And their view point on Worship, Music and Teaching. So I wrote a few articles on this subject.

I wrote several articles about my view point on the Bible. How to interpret the Bible. And some hermeneutical principles. I viewed my position on the interpretation of Revelation.

Then I have always pastored small churches in numbers and I thought I should address some of the dynamics of small church ministries. I had read about a dozen articles on this subject.

I tried to gives some thought about "What is Truth?" This has been on the weblog for some time. Then when John Piper’s church invited a Hip Hopper to sing, this created weblogs all time high. Preachers have opinions, and they had them about John Piper. So I attempted to write about the truth of our opinion.
Drafted by Charles E. Whisnant and Proof Checked by Charity Whisnant

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...