Friday, January 05, 2007

ALL BLOGGERS HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS WHY THEY BLOG.
Part Three
All bloggers have different ideas why they blog. I started out blogging to record my experiences in the ministry. At the request of my son Chad I started giving more detail about my experiences.

The direct observation of or participation in events as a basis of knowledge b : the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation. The conscious events that make up an individual life. Something personally encountered, undergone, or lived through

People write about their lives all the time, history is the recorded experiences and events and an explanation of their causes. What I have tried to do is to give my history, an account of my life.

a chronological record of significant events often including an explanation of their causes.
So I have written those significant events in my life with an explanation as to what happened in those events and how they affected me and my family.

Along this process of blogging, I also read other bloggers and weblogs. I have not come across any one who is writing about their personal experiences. Each person has their own idea of what they want to accomplish on their weblog.

There is one group of young fundamentalists who want to address the extreme of fundamentalism..

Other weblogs address the issue of Biblical Preaching. Some weblogs address issues that are in the news. Baptist. Lord Supper. The Gospel. Women Preachers. Biblical Interpretation. Church Music. Lordship Salvation vs. Free Grace And many more topical issues are found on these sites.

Seeker Friendly Churches vs. Emergent Movement. Spiritual Gifts. Cultural Issues.
And on occasion I will address some of those issues.

As an issue will relate to my own personal experience I will write what I believe about it.
Most of the time, when I write about some topic, I will research the topic, and download several articles, I will go to monergism. com and find a whole series of articles on the topic. or I will see what Spurgeon has to say about the topic, or I often will read what other bloggers are saying about the issues about ministry or the culture. My blogs are triggered by personal experiences that I have had over the last fifty years. My blogs are often activated by reading other bloggers writing about that which I have personally had to deal with over the years.

I started blogging only to record my personal history experiences in life and ministry. I believed that only a few would read anything I had to write. At first I was recording within my threads only what I thought was significant to my history and thinking.

Then I thought I would begin to add some advice concerning some of the experiences that I have had. Then I began to write about some personal subject matters that I have been dealing with for years.

I have not tried to write to get a response from anyone. The only response I have given is my own response to the topic or experiences I have traveled over the years.

I have not really written any article with the purpose to convince someone to take my position. They have been my opinions only.

I have written for many years before August of 2006. I have loved writing down what I think for many years. I have written several thousand sermons because I love to write. I love to do research, I have loved going to the public library for years to research topics. I have loved for as long as I can remember to study churches and pastors and preachers and ministry. I have been like the Justices of the Supreme Court, they write their Opinions. I have written my opinions on a number of subjects for as long as I can remember. I love doing that. I love to outline books that I read. And I read and write because I think. And if I write, then I can see in print what I think.

Blogging is such a small percent of what I do. I love to read and study and learn.

Drafted by Charles E. Whisnant 01 02 06 Proof Checked Charity Whisnant

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...