About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

“Perhaps the greatest hindrance to the gospel spreading today: the people of God trying to do the work of God apart from the power of God."

It’s time for American evangelicals to acknowledge our lost home field advantage, but it’s not time to panic:

Chuck Swindoll@chuckswindoll

Those who can’t deal with difficult people will find ministry miserable. Those who succeed at it will find ministry delightful.

“Perhaps the greatest hindrance to the gospel spreading today: the people of God trying to do the work of God apart from the power of God."

Tim Keller Wisdom@DailyKeller

“Because God loves me and accepts me, I do not have to do things just to build up my résumé.”