Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Charles e Whisnant, quotes from his Facebook

 

While working on several projects and cut the lawn in our front yard, I listen to the funeral today for Clementa Pinckney,(I wonder where Rev. Al was...) Now my analysis of the whole funeral are mind, personally I like it. The President in my humble opinion was good. Amazing grace, God's grace. He even sung the song "Amazing Grace."

I think I would like a funeral like Clemente Pinckney. Have you notice the funeral of all the others who have been killed do not have such a funeral. God had a purpose in all this. The killer meant his killing for good. But God meant it for good.

There are certainly more qualified to speak to this issue of same sex marriage. We as Christian live in another world, and our citizen ship is in Heaven, we are only here for a few years. We are not in the Kingdom of God yet, only in the kingdom of Satan, and he is doing a good job with his kingdom.

Man has his appointed cycle of seasons and vicissitudes, (When you talk of the vicissitudes of life, you're referring to the difficult times that we all go through: sickness, job loss, and other unwelcome episodes and No one can escape the vicissitudes of life. ) as the sun, wind, and water (Ecclesiastes 1:1-4 5-7). a variation in circumstances or fortune at different times in your life or in the development of something.

Charity fixes a wonderful supper (that is what I have always called eating at 6 p.m.) as we watched the NBC news and then Dr. OZ. (Charity)

Sunday June 21, 2015 I had the joy of preaching/teaching three lessons/sermons: (1) Proverbs 14:3. (2) Luke 6:26, cf Matthew "The Peacemaker." (3) Romans 13 (Sin and Satan place in our society. Then Wednesday (4) First Peter 3:8,10 Five qualities in the lives of the people of God, reflecting the attitude and example of Christ: Learning to Live Christ like and love living.

Every Christian is to have the attitude of Christ. No matter how difficult the circumstances in which we live, we are to be conciliatory, we are to be peacemakers in disposition, we are to be sympathetic and sensitive to the pain of people and their joy. We are to be sacrificial in our serving love to one another and those outside. We are to be tender and compassionate and not ever unkind, critical or indifferent. And we are to bear the spirit of humility. That is the attitude that Peter calls for in every situation.

My opinion should be "What does the Bible say?" My opinion is worth so little in the Kingdom of God. I like to ask my self, "So what does the Bible (God speaking) say about racism?" What does the Bible (God speaking) say about same-sex marriage? What does the Bible say about the President in light of his policy like the Affordable Care Law, that the Supreme Court has now upheld? It is not really an new idea you know.

 

Taught my 96 lessons from First Peter Wednesday night. Chapter 3:8-10. And vs.10a was the key thought. How to learn to love life and have a good days is found in those verses. Those who don't love life often take their own life because they fail to understand the principle of living a life.

Jefferson Davis..., Stonewall Jackson..., Robert E. Lee... now those were some good men. I am proud to be from the South and the state of Virginia. Born and raised in Roanoke, Virginia.

I got up last night to watch Virginia Cavaliers ) win the College World Baseball for the first time ever. Baseball started in 1889 at the school.

It is good that there are still small groups of people who will take time to increase their knowledge of God's Word. Our small group apparently love the fellowship and teaching from the Word of God in a expositional verse by verse manner. Tonight will be our 98th 45-60 minute lesson from First Peter now in 3:8.

I have a right? I have a right to give all my rights to the Lord. In America we have the right to have a gun for personal protection (I have a Daisey) a knife, a shotgun, etc. I have a right to not have one. You have a right to have one.

Think about the term "racism" and doing some research on the term. Then I said what does the Bible say about this matter: Just one of many verses: Acts 10:28 / And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean.

Why can't we say certain words? The Gays don't want to be called Homosexuals, The Blacks don't want us to use the N-Word, which we all know, and Christians can't use words either, I said "Oh B.S." Which I meant Britney Spears, or we need to go B.S. which I meant Bible Study.

I have learned not to count the number of cars in the church parking lot when I drive up. Sunday morning there were only four. Walked in and there were )almost thirty. Well almost 25 people. One family of 12 walked, (Ron Smith_ two live across the street, (Janet N Bill Ramey) four came with John and Peggy Hall. Charity and I drove, Mrs. Mildred King and Rose Marie Skaggs-Lambert drove, and Richard Lemaster drove. And to think how many we could have had not some quit coming, or went to another church!!!!

So many Christians have quoted Philippians "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and this is totally true. I can get through any troubles, any events, any disappointments, any tragic, any hardship, any failure, any thing. How do I know? I am an example of this principle.

Would you like a time-tested formula for successful living? Here is a formula that is proven and true: Matthew 5:20-7. Luke 6:20-49 a good test. Romans 13 good test.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...