Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Churches Worked In

Local churches I have worked in here: The last churches I worked in.  And note the links too. (Blue)

The photo of the churches are as they were at the time  we were in that church

 Roanoke Baptist Temple

A little history. A timeline. 

  1. Roanoke Baptist Temple in Roanoke VA, where my Dad: Everette Whisnant was the pastor and for 27 months I was the youth teacher until Dad died in February 1965
  2. Fellowship Baptist Church, Roanoke Va. Following my Dad death I went to this church until
  3. Bible Baptist Seminary  in Arlington TX, student from 1966 to 1969
  4. Grace Baptist Church, Fort Worth, I attended and taught the Youth class several times
  5. Southall Baptist Church, Danville, VA. After my first year at Seminary I came back for the summer and worked in this church as a Youth Pastor and Sunday Night Class Teacher
  6. Worth Baptist Church, Fort Worth, TX, I worked in the youth class my second year.
  7. West Handly Baptist Church in Fort Worth, TX as a youth teacher for six months by last year in seminary
  8. Gideon Baptist Church, Fort Worth TX My last year in seminary Charity and I joined Gideon and we help established the Bus Ministry and Charity and I established a Children's Church ministry, we were there for 42 weeks before we moved to
  9. Wooster Ohio.  
FROM ROANOKE BAPTIST TEMPLE WHERE I BEGAN TEACHING THE YOUTH AND PREACHING FOR DAD THEN GOING TO BIBLE BAPTIST SEMINARY IN ARLINGTON TEXAS 1964 TO 1970. 
1970-1971 Youth Director
Eric was born in Wooster 1971
One of the best group of young people.


1971-74 Pastor/Teacher What an experience for sure.
1973-1974 Assco Pastor, Educational Director, Youth Director, 
We had a good group of young people, some great teachers in the Sunday School

We moved to Grapevine TX 
Worked at the First Baptist Church, Haltom City
Educational Director

Mansfield Baptist Temple, Mansfield Ohio
1974-1977  College and Career Teacher
We loved the young men and women in our class.
Pleasant Valley Ranch, Perrysville, Ohio
1975 Camp Director
What an experience, I had never been a camp director
lasted only one season.
1978-79  (Youth Pastor, Children Church Director, Bus Director
Liked the youth. Charity and I established the Children Ministry

We then moved to Crown Point, IN and 
Enrolled in Hyles-Anderson College
and First Baptist Church of Hammond


March 1980 to July 1996 Pastor/Teacher 
We had 16 years of ministry in this church and we loved the people so much. 

From here:
  We moved to Lexington KY in July 1996 unto 2001
.

                                            Ashland Ave Baptist Church, Lexington KY

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...