Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Everett T. Whisnant 1904-1966



We were living in Roanoke VA when our Dad died in February 1966.  He entered the hospital when he said to me "Charles I think I need to go to the hospital, I have had an heart attack" That is all I remember when he said that. I was in high school, my last year at Jefferson High.  I can't remember if Mom went with me, I am sure she did, and Dad entered the hospital for the next two weeks, where he died.  Now my girl friend and whom I was going to marry was working at the hospital I believe every day for the next two weeks I was up there by his side every day.

  Now I didn't know that he would die two weeks later, but Dad did, he had all his funeral arrangement made and we didn't know it. We talked to him every day and he seemed fine and we didn't know. 

On the day that Dad  died we got a phone call about dad, and they said he was near death, which was a shock to me, I remember going to the hospital with Sandra Gale  Richardson and she knew that dad was going to die.  I didn't.

When we got to the hospital dad was in the ICU and they wouldn't let me see him, but they let Mom see him, and while she was in there Dad died.  That was such a shock that it took several months to recover. 


So on February 20, 1966 my Father died.  The saddest day of my life.  Dad was my life and I loved him so much.



Charles e Whisnant, crossing the street on Tazewell Ave in Roanoke VA in 2011 at the formal Roanoke Baptist Temple, which is Mission in Roanoke



Churches that Everette Whisnant was the pastor while in Roanoke VA>

Indiana Ave Victory Baptist Church, first and second
Williamsroad Baptist Church
Roanoke Baptist Temple Airport church

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...