Monday, November 04, 2013

Everette and Pauline Whisnant

 Day three: I am thankful for men who are called of God and willing to preach the gospel no matter what the cost! I am thankful for wives that stand beside them and endure the hardships of ministry! Thank you all for being part of our lives over the years and being in the ministry!!!! You all have had huge impacts in our lives! I am not friends on FB with a couple more who need to be on this list too but they are lived and cherished just the same  - Nicki Hines said this on Facebook,  and I remembered Dad and Mom:

I once asked my Mom how she survived the ministry with Dad, she was shocked that I asked the question. She must not have seen what I saw because she seemed to have totally not seen the hardship that I saw. Never once did I ever hear Mom or Dad give the idea that they did not love the work of the ministry and touching lives of those whom the Lord gave them. The joy of ministry is seeing people grow up to love the Lord as much as we do.

 Church one and two:  Indiana Ave (I was in the 3 thru 6th grade) Church three was Williamsroad Baptist (I was pre-school and first and second grade) and church four was Roanoke Baptist Temple out on airport road (I was in the 10th grade.

 1940's Mom must have been 19-20 years old
Ellen said She always said there were 18 yrs between them but I think it was closer to 19. His birth cert was diff than what his mom said. I think it was a year off, according to Ma. Funny, I never ever thought they looked diff in age. Did you?

 1947
 1960


Ellen said: 
She was amazing. No matter what hardships or things that may have tried to pull them a part, one thing I KNOW is that their love was greater & deeper than life & NOTHING or ANYONE could come between them.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...