Friday, August 12, 2011

The Charles Whisnant Tree


I talked to my Uncle Joe Whisnant today. When we visited him last week, he showed us come photo of the Whisnant' old home place.  

Dad's father and mother lived there.   In the photo Dad's brother, then my grandmother Minnie, then here mother.  I don't know who the last two are.



First home of Loy and Minnie Whisnant in Catawaba County, 5 miles from Hickory, NC.

Loy Whisnant’s brother Julius, then my grandmother Minnie, and then Loy’s mother,  which would be my great-great grandmother. Sina Caroline Hahn (1843 – 1937) She was married to Marcus Whisenunt (1841-1903).

So my great grandfather was a Whisenhunt.
Loy Whisnant 1883 to 1943
Minnie Caroline Abernethy 1886 to 1981
They were married July 24, 1902

Granddad  Whisnant was buried at the First Baptist Church Cem., in Hilderbran, NC.


Charles e Whisnant,
Everette Whisnant, Dad
Loy Whisnant. Grand Dad
Marcus Whisenhunt, Great-granddad

They had right children, and three were Whisenhunt and five were Whisnant.

Ephraim Whisenunt 1807-1884, my great-great granddad








Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...