About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

Preaching The Word of Sunday.

After my sermon on Sunday, I wanted to give a refund. Goodness what was I thinking.



The study of the Word of God is not for me a profession, it is very, very personal.

In fact, I will confess something I've probably never confessed, I think I am a far better
student of Scripture than I am a preacher of it. That is to say, I find the Scripture opens up to me in the discipline of my study in far more vast riches than I'm ever able to disseminate to you and always feel inadequate in doing so anyway. In one way, I guess, I always have a far better sermon in my study than you ever hear.


I always enjoy the study, preaching or teaching what I hope I have learned, is far more difficult for me.