Friday, September 10, 2010

Why All The Question About the Bible?

Does God exist? We often hear of others and may even find ourselves struggling from time to time with this ultimate question. It is a question not to be taken lightly, but how do you present a God you cannot see to a friend, co-worker or family member that has decided He does not exist? How do you answer questions to atheistic arguments? R.C. Sproul explains:

"There is a powerful emotional bias against the existence of God because the worst news possible to an impenitent sinner is that God exists, that He is Holy and that He is going to hold you accountable for everything that you have ever done and every word you've ever said. That's terrifying. 

I must always ask myself, Do I believe what I believe because I am honestly persuaded by cogent reasoning that it is true, or do I believe what I believe merely because in the final analysis that's what I want to believe? If I say I am a Christian, do I believe in the God revealed in Scripture, or do I participate in a systematic distortion of that God to suit my own desires? Do I believe in the God who is, or do I believe in a god of my own creation?

The question of the existence of and nature of God is a question attended by a host of vested interests. If we are to examine the question with integrity, we must both recognize and face the implications of our vested interests. If we refuse to do that, then truth will perish, and so will we." FAITH AND REASON BY R.C. SPROUL.

How do we come to know what we know?

I know what I know about life is from Revelation of God's Word verses from the perception of human reasons.

When the Scriptures says, what are we to understand? When the Scripture says that the world was formed by the Word of God. Well none of us were eyewitness. Yet we trust that the world has come into being by the act of God's divine work of creation. Why, because we have come to have reasonable grounds to believe that God's Word is trustworthy.

Our faith comes from a trust, a trusting in the evidence that God has sufficiently provided in His Word.

Believers have come to believe by faith, the evidences that God has provided in His Word. We believe the evidences provided by God.

What helps the believer come to a particular conclusion about God, about Jesus Christ, about Heaven or Hell, comes from a faith that is implanted in us by God at salvation.

For believers its reasonable to believe God. Faith is not without evidences; rather it is a faith that surrenders to or agrees to the evidences.

What might seem to be irrational thinking to the human mind, irrationality, and seems to be contrary to reason or logic to the human mind,

Existential philosophy which comes from those who are concerned with their existence, only have a human philosophy to think with, their logic comes from human reasons. They maintained that the individual is soley responsible for giving his or her own life meaning and for living that life as they see fit.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...