Monday, September 20, 2010

REVIEW YOUR SERMON



The old adage says practice makes perfect.  I have to agree with Haddon Robinson and Howard Hendricks in disputing that.  Practice makes ingrained. Perhaps perfect practice makes perfect, or maybe evaluated and critiqued practice makes perfect.  But if you do something over and over, without constructive improvement, it won’t suddenly become good, it will simply become ingrained and hard to fix.  So after we preach, we need to review.

I will ask Charity "What did you think about  my  sermon today?"Be objective not subjective? She said what does that mean?

Let me ask "Would you know a good sermon if you heard one?"  What is a good sermon and how a sermon is delivered are two things.

Since I video all my messages and lessons I do see and listen.  My tie is not on straight. My coat is not in the right position?  kidding.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...