Monday, May 24, 2010

Ad-hOMENEM Baptist Are So Good At This At times

When you enter into an argument, don't use ad-hominem to prove your point.

Ad-hominem* attack upon anyone who would stand up and say "Dr. Caner must answer these questions for the sake of the integrity of his position and the work of the gospel" is the name of the game. I have rarely seen the kind of vitriol spewed my direction as I have over the past few months since this issue arose. And, as normal, the primary purveyors of hatred and insult have been Baptists. This has been my experience for twenty years now: no one, and I mean no one, outside of rank, God-hating atheists, can out-do a Baptist when it comes to acting in the most non-Christian ways

*Appealing to people’s emotions and prejudices instead of their ability to think

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...