Monday, February 22, 2010

THE EXPERIENCES OF MINISTRIES SEEM TO BE THE SAME

My experience in ministry seems never to change. The same events usually happen ever time, in every church. I must say, if the experience didn't prove to be what was worked out by the Lord I would be rather discourage to say the least.

I don't necessary believe one can question my hearts desire to be the kind of teacher I desire to me. The question seems to be the interpretation of Scripture that I make with scripture.

What I have learned over the years, it seems that pastors are not willing to teach publicly what they really believe in private. I think the reason why preachers don't preach from the text is because they are not willing to teach the truth from the text.

The Scripture seems to be clear about what it teaches. But over the years preachers have avoided teaching the truth about the text, and thus the members have not learned the scriptures.

Then when a preacher really began to teach the text and what it is really saying, the people throw a fit. "Well its not what we have been taught by our pastors in the past." The truth is they are right, they haven't.

Many fundamental preach preaches on topic of sin, and legalism, and stuff that are not in the scripture, and fail to teach the Word of God, and thus the people are ignorant of the truth.

In every cast that I have confronted are people who say, "You are not Baptist." "You teach the doctrine of Calvinism." "You don't preach to us,you teach."

While I do believe its more of a personality, or control issue, they often leave the church. They are willing to get back into a church like the one they had and didn't really like in the first place.
They are more willing to listen to a preacher who just tells them how sinful they are, and gives an altar call, and is in control of the church. And where you are simply saved when you just invite Jesus into your heart at the end of some sermon and Just as I am is sung. That is the way its always been.

Good Christian people get so caught up in these things that they are not willing to really listen to what they are saying or even believe.

I have never tried to pressure people to believe any doctrine. But I don't skip doctrine. All my preaching is teaching doctrine. I try my best to teach people how to study the people. To examine what I preach, I am not afraid of examination of what I preach, as a matter of fact I welcome it.

I am not afraid to change my position if my current position is incorrect. But I firmly believe after carefully studying the text I am correct to teach the text to the people before me.

I continue to view others who are much smarter than I in matters of interpretation. I don't change my position just because some Dr. says so, but after carefully viewing his position again mind.

There will always be two sides to the same doctrine position. I have to agree that some are not going to change their position.

I am forced to preach the verse that I am current's in and not back down from what I believe it says. As a pastor/teacher I have been given the responsibility to teach the word as I have studied it.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...