Wednesday, October 22, 2008

AM I A FUNDAMENTALIST OR NOT?


AM I A FUNDAMENTALIST OR NOT?

I am sure if you were to ask other preachers who say they are fundamentalist, they would have different opinions as to whether I was or not. The definition of a fundamentalist today is not the same as it was last week, it seems. What brand of independent fundamental baptist are you? Just that I would say, independent, fundamental and baptist.

Joyce Meyers and Paula White say they are getting their teaching points from the Bible. Would you rather hear Meyers and White preach than let me see, Charles Whisnant? Please don't don't answer that one! They both swear that they believe what the Bible says. And I would say they really do believe that.

I believe I am a fundamental baptist. But the definition from one group to another will change. A Jack Hyles fundamental, to a John R. Rice fundamental, to a Bob Jones fundamental, to a host of other groups that say they are the real fundamentalist group. Labels are not always so good are they? Even the World Baptist Fellowship and the IBFI group will say they are the real fellowship that hold to the real biblical standards. And there are another dozen groups that will say they are.

Today most churches and preachers say they believe the Bible, and have the real bible to preach from. And they are generally different in their methodology and theology. And if they are not their brand, they are likly to say they are not the real deal.

Its no wonder our people in our churches are confused as to what is the real deal.


Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...