Monday, October 22, 2007

TODAY I AM SIXTY YEARS OLD: THAT IS 60: A FOOTNOTE
Updated

^

Footnote: Today I am 60. Now that is old. Of those 60 years I have been saved by the grace of Christ for 52 years. My dad preached and mom played the piano from the first day I was born in Lynchburg Virginia. Dad started churches. He would go to a town with the old gospel tent and set up and preach for a month or two or three months. From those meeting a group of people would establish a church. In Lynchurg, dad started three churches. My sister Ellen Samples is researching the information about dad's work. More of Ellen's research if forth coming. I understand there is a connection between Thomas Road Baptist Church and Jerry and Macel Falwell. To which I proudly say.


My dad was 42 years old when I was born and had been in ministry for some 20 years. He had already started churches in North Caroline. In 2000 I received a call from a family in Ashville, N.C. to tell me the church my father started back in the 1940's was still doing very well. I wish I could give a bio on my dad and mom.


Dad died in 1966 while pastoring the Roanoke Baptist Temple, where I was the Youth Director. I had been teaching the youth class for 27 months when dad died. Following dad's death, I didn't feel I was ready to pastor the church. I was in shock when dad died, I don't remember a lot. Later that year I attended Fellowship Baptist Church where Gene Arnold pastored, and then later mom moved to Danville Virginia to work with Bob Barber at the Baptist Tabernacle.
*
While in Danville, I talked to Dr. Wayne Martin and in August of 1966 I went to Arlington Texas to attend the Bible Baptist Seminary. Dr. Earl K. Oldham, Dr. Raymond Barber, Dr. George L. Norris, Mrs. Martha Norris. Mrs. Helen Barber, and Bro. Bobby Cunningham, oh Dr. Walker Moore and Dr. Luther C. Peak. Some of the best men, preachers, and teachers that one could have ever have.
In 1969 I attended Gideon Baptist Church (Dr. Norris) and worked in the Bus Ministry and Children's Church with Charity. In 1968 I meet my wife Charity Mucha (Temple) and was married in June 1969.
*
We moved to Wooster, Ohio in 1970, our first son, Eric was born in 1971.
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Clark and Linda Shelton
Bill Rinehart and Dave Greegor and family
*
In 1971 we moved to Mindford Ohio and pastored the Madison Baptist Church a little over three years.
Mr/Mrs Everette Vest and Sharon, and all the family
Mr/Mrs Randy Barkley and family
Too name just a few
*
In 1974 we were the Youth/ Education/ Ass. Pastor at Victory Baptist Church in Portsmouth, Ohio.
Ted Colley, Steve Euton, Ray Harris, Frankie and Leath Lestmaster
only to name a few of many.
*
Moved to Grapevine Texas, (FBC of Haltom City) then to Perrysville/Mansfield, Ohio, Pleasant Valley Ranch and Mansfield Baptist Temple (Tommy Leatherwood) Becky my daughter was born in Grapevine 1976.
Randy Webb
*
In 1977 moved to Connersville, Indiana, Calvary Baptist Church.
I was back in Connersville in 2007 and visited with some of the same folks who were in the church in 1977-79
*
In 1979 moved to Ceder Lake, Indiana, attended FBC of Hammond and Hyles Anderson.
*
In March 1980 moved to Altoona, Kansas to pastor the FBC on Main Street until July 1996.
Chad my second son was born in 1980 and Kyle was born in 1984 and our last child died before birth.
*
Almost seventeen years of close fellowship with folks in FBC. Let me see, I could name so many of the wondeful friends Charity and I and Eric, Chad and Becky, and Kyle had.
*
In July 1996 moved to Lexington, KY and Charity was staff secretary for five years at Ashland Ave. Baptist Church, and I was Building Manager and Adult teacher.
*
I attempted to pastor a church for a brief time in 1999, failed. Then again in 2000 attempted to pastor a church, while we had over 100 visitors in the first three months, we failed again.
*
Moved to Portsmouth Ohio in March 2001, and was co pastor until we were ask to leave by the pastor, who left a few months later. Charity and her sister Debbie have the Union Mills Bakery.
We had some very good friends at the church.
*
Today I am in the Bigelow Church, in Porstmouth Ohio, since November 2003. Today I am working in the Christian Education, Children's Ministry.
*
I had from 1966 to 2003 not only being a pastor/teacher, dad, husband, but worked in the work forced.
The number of places I haved worked would take up too much room to mention.
*
I became a blogger in August 2006. I became an Internet Bible Study student in October 2003.
*
So for the last forty two years I have been engaged in church ministry and the work place and being a husband for thirty eight years and father for thirty seven. Life is good..
*
The Lord has been so very good to Charity and I. Praise the Lord for His wonderful love to us. His salvation is so good.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...