- THE "IF WE IGNORE IT IT WILL GO AWAY" ATTITUDE.
Small fires are much easier to deal with than are larger ones. To avoid dealing with small frictions occurring among key people is generally to risk more serious friction and eventual fracture later on.
- The "peace-maker" who is willing to work at the quieter levels usually prevents the need later on of having to work at the noisier levels.
DEMANDING THAT FRICTION CEASE BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS RARELY WORKS
- It musts be remembered that friction is a symptom and not a cause. This means that godly leaders should be spiritual diagnosticians (good word) Uh Charity! By the way I love you sweetheart) that is -, they should be able to spot and treat causes rather than just dealing with symptoms, (a Bill Gathard Basis Institute of Youth Conflict)
A truism: There can be no real or irresolvable friction between Spirit-filled Christians (Gal. 5:22-23) - friction can only continue or be prolonged when one or more of the people involved is not controlled by the Spirit.)
To eliminate friction, then, means that correct diagnosis and where appropriate, counsel and treatment must be administered to each key party involved.
"WE’VE GOT TO TO WIN THIS BATTLE AT ALL COST" MAY BE A "TOO COSTLY" ATTITUDE.
Whenever "lines" are drawn and a distinct polarity occurs in the flock, it is a sure sign that Satan is ready to wrap up the accomplishment of his goal which is to create a permanent or long-lasting schism in the body of Christ.
- SO, AVOID ULTIMATUMS OR CREATING POLARITIES IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
7 CAN FRICTION HAVE A POSITIVE OR CONSTRUCTIVE EFFECT UPON THE CHURCH ? ? Yes!
Since friction can occur only between moving objects in a functioning mechanism, the mechanism that isn’t running produces no friction.
Therefore friction is a sign that at least some function is going on. In this light, then, friction has the potential for producing PROGRESS as well as friction.
A few of the ADVANTAGES to having friction in the body of Christ. (Really)
- FRICTION (CONTROVERSY DISAGREEMENTS,) CAN TEND TO INSTIGATE ORDER WITHIN THE CHURCH t can cause a church to get organized and develop structure for meeting needs. Acts 6:1-7 and I Timothy 5:3-16
- FRICTION CAN ACT AS AN AGENT FOR UNIFYING A CONGREGATION pecially, if the friction or pressures comes from an outside source, or as a small uncommon group within the church. Acts 20:28-32.
- FRICTION, DISAGREEMENTS CAN FORCE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH UNSPIRITUAL ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIORS IN THEMSELVES AND IN OTHERS.
When the leaders in a church exercise discipline on errant members, they will discover a rise in spiritual tenor in the church as well as a greater sense of personal sin within the individual members of the body. Matthew 18:15.
Dafted by Charles E. Whisnant