Sunday, August 28, 2016

As a Calvinist This Is What I Believe

 
The first 18 years of preaching I could never preach a sermon without mention going to a movie, (Jerry Lewis you know) and going to a dance, or having long hair, and playing cards, etc. And eveery sermon had to have salvation, and Heaven sweet and Hell hot. Then the last 34 years I just taught what the Bible said book by book, chapter by chapter. I didn't add or substract or twist or
 
The first 18 years of preaching I could never preach a sermon without mention going to a movie, (Jerry Lewis you know) and going to a dance, or having long hair, and playing cards, etc. And eveery sermon had to have salvation, and Heaven sweet and Hell hot. Then the last 34 years I just taught what the Bible said book by book, chapter by chapter. I didn't add or substract or twist or take a verse here and there, half verse and made it a sermon.
The first 18 years of preaching I could never preach a sermon without mention going to a movie, (Jerry Lewis you know) and going to a dance, or having long hair, and playing cards, goingt to a rock show, goling camping, playing golf, going to a NASCAR race, And every sermon had to have salvation, and Heaven sweet and Hell hot. Then the last 34 years I just taught what the Bible said book by book, chapter by chapter. I didn't add or substract or twist or take a verse here and there, half verse and made it a sermon.



 


I have friends who are Calvinist Baptists..., and I love their friendship dearly! But I dare you to test the mindset of Calvinism..., if you're truly born again, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, then I dare you to test their doctrine..., just as you walk past the next stranger, think of them as lost..., then HOLD that thought and set it aside, then walk right on past that stranger with the mindset that God has already chosen that they will or will not be saved, that they are going to heaven or Hell, and there's nothing you are responsible for doing concerning them! I dare you! The Spirit of God will overcome that doctrine of devils, and will compel you to witness of your Saviour Jesus Christ, to them. I tried the test...and the Lord would not let me pass them by..., and thank God I tested that false doctrine..., because some of those folks have been saved, not because of my feeble efforts, but because Jesus is not a Calvinist..., in fact, Satan is not a Calvinist, even the Devil knows that's a lie even he cannot believe! Terry Rollins

 

I said: Of course you are so wrong brother, but that is okay, your heart is in the right pleace. your view point about most Calvinist is wrong. There is a responsibility to share the gospel, with out which no one would be born again. The gospel must first be preached, the gospel is to be shared. God could save everyone, God could use angles to bring the gospel story, but God calls us to present the Gospel to all men, but it is God's alone that saves a sinner from Hell. I know I don't share the gospel to every one I see, but its not because I don't think I should. I think I must have talked to 20 people today in stores, and in a bakery, in a bank, at quick stop and didn't ask them if they were going to heaven, but it was not because I didn't think about it. Of course Jesus is a Calvinist, He knows God alone saves. But Jesus knew he had to die on the cross in order for God to save. And we know we need to present the gospel message for God to save those that are lost.

 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...