2. The believer's unfair circumstances.
3. The believer's deference implies a yielding or submitting to the judgment of a recognized superior out of respect or reverence.
4. The believer's motivation by Christ's example.
5. The believer's anticipation of future glory.
i.e. The behavior of believers when they encounter unfair circumstances reflects a spirit of deference in all relationship as they follow Christ's example and anticipate future glory.
6. The believer's resource of God's grace. i.e. we must understand and apply what he wrote about God's grace as our resource in order to obey His exhortations. As in 5:12 "Stand firm in the true grace of God."
God's grace is sufficient for all our needs. 2 Corinthians 12:9.
2. Grace produces confidence: 1:10
3. What proclaims God's grace is our conduct: 2:19-20
4. Grace perfects character. Grace is the source of service: 4:10; Grace is the source of humility: 5:5. God's grace is the secret of both the attitude and activity.