Friday, August 15, 2014

The Brain or the Heart?

    

Chemical imbalance

Neuronal Connections - Chemical Imbalances

What I have done here is to copy the quotes that I had on Facebook this morning: 

How many times do we hear now, that bad behavior is due to their sick, mixed up brain chemistry. When I was young, behavior was not blamed on the make up of the brain, but my upbringing, Dad would say, "Get you heart right with God, " Dad never said, "Get your brain in balance," Don't blame the brain for behavior blame the heart (mind).

As a result of been up since 4:45 a.m. and have been reading: "Blame It On The Brain" trigger thoughts about: does the brain have anything to do with how I behave? Then this " Chemical imbalance" theory has really captured my thinking. Which of course has pushed me to research this "depression" theory that its caused by the break down of serotonin in the brain. I am depressed already. And here it is 9:55 a.m. and I am still reading.

Its a heart matter, (spirit, soul, mind) thus it is spiritual. Our entire being, the "I" is spirit. Our actions, our behavior is spirit. We can not say, "I didn't do it, my brain did it, my brain cells are messed up." But today we blame a messed up brain for all our troubles and try to fix the brain rather than trying to fix the heart, soul and mind.

Our heart, (spirit and mind) our mind is where we are, it is us, its our "wellspring of life" Proverbs 4:23. Its what we really believe . Its spiritual. Its the inner person, We are not control by the brain in an of itself. We really can not say "I didn't do it, my brain was messed up. It was my brain that did it. My disease did it."

Why do we not want to believe what is Truth. So many people just don't want to know the real truth about life, about their problem, about their suffering, about their life situations? Truth will set you free. Give you hope. Heal your spirit, soul and mind and heart.

So how can we learn how we can avoid what has happen to those who lose the desire to live their lives?

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...