Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Revival 2012

Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio had a great time with Evangelist Winston Hall and his wife Kathy last week.  The meeting was the first since I have become pastor/teacher of the church back in July 2008.  My point of view on Revivals has been not to have one.  While I know our members need to be revive daily in their lives, and our church needs to have encourgement regularily, I just felt that we have this weekly. 

Of course I have been wrong before.  Believing we have four services each week and we have three pastors in our church and we do have great fellowship each week that was enough fto keep our people spiritually healthy. 

Then again sometimes a new voice with a good message can help too.  And I believe that Winston may have provided that voice for us this week.  Only time will give us that information.

Our people are really great people and have grown spiritually and in the knowledge of the Lord over the last few years.  As the passtor-teacher I have tried to equip them in the knowledge of the Word for their spiritual lives. 

I will say I believe there has been growth in the memership in the learing of God's word.  While our attendance has not grown we have increased in many ways.  While I would like to see our church to grow . that might come latter.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...