Friday, September 21, 2007

QUOTES AND THE PERSON WHO QUOTES QUOTES
^
I was on ExpositoryThought site with Paul Lamey, he quotes Zinsser who said

  • "If anyone asked me how I learned to write, I’d say I learned by reading the men and women who were doing the kind of writing I wanted to do and trying to figure out how they did it."

Then I made a comment:

I first heard years ago, Charles “T” Jones say, “You are what you are reading in the last five years.” And he is right. Paul said “How many ideas he has read or how he has been shaped by a few of those ideas?” Is a great statement. I read the books that I believe will shape by theology and thinking.

I constantly listen to sermons or read the sermons to try to discover how they came up with that point or position, or even how they are framing their ideas.

We are not an island unto our self in this matter of preaching or even the art of writing a message.

Then a comment by David McCrory ost was:

  • I’m reminded of a quote by Spurgeon,

"The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted He who will not use the thoughts of other men’s brains, proves that he has no brains of his own."

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...